Monday, November 12, 2012

Age

I have pneumonia -- I am getting over it, but my ribs still ache and sometimes my breath just goes away.  Like, completely away.  Then I make this knarly sucking-in sound that could be construed as a cough or laugh but either way doesn't really look nor sound quite right.  When I make that sound and hold my ribs, the kids at school look at me and then back slowly away.  My family has grown immune to that sound, so they just ignore me.

Catching my breath has made me think about aging.  I think only really young people and really old people get pneumonia.

I am not young.

I know.

I know because I filled out an online survey today and I had click on the scroll down box to find the year of my birth.  I had to scroll down.  Waaaayyy down.

That proves it.

I am old.

and wheezy.


No comments:

Post a Comment