Sunday, June 9, 2013

a perfect day

Today was a near perfect day.

Went to church.  Spirit renewed.
Went riding with Zoey.  Spirit refreshed.
Worked in the garden.  Found my zen.
Snuggled on the couch with the kittens.  Calmed my soul.
Had bonfire supper with the family.  Fed my soul, and self.
Went for a bike ride with girl.   (This is where the perfect got a bit messed up.)

As we rounded the corner on our bike ride I noticed a big black cat (with a dead mouse in it's mouth) cross the sidewalk in front of us.  I thought to myself, "how close does a black cat need to be to you when it crosses your path to have bad luck?"  Then my thinker said back, "probably a lot closer than that."

Nope.

Literally the nano-second after I had those thoughts Girl fell off her bike.  Just wobbled and wiggled and lost her balance.  She wasn't seriously hurt, but left a lot of skin on the sidewalk.  She was a good sport about it, but those multiple scrapes really hurt.  We biked back home, cleaned wounds and let the kittens cheer her up.

The end of my near perfect day?
Blogging time.  Rejuvenates the creative juices.

See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment