Sunday, February 7, 2010

busy week

I had a crazy, busy week. The kind of week that leaves you wimpering, waiting for Friday so you can just crash. I did crash early on Saturday night -- and wouldn't you know it my mind disagreed with my body....I woke up at 3am and could not shut the "thinking" off. Then I laid in bed, rather tossed and turned, until I finally gave up. So much for sleeping in.
It's like a cruel trick. The games the mind plays, that is. I know that tomorrow when my alarm goes off, I will wish more than anything for a few more hours, minutes eve, of that deep restful sleep that restores the soul. I won't get it, I know. I'll spend next week running like a crazy person, but I have great hope that I have learned my lessons from this past week and I'll find some quiet moments to train the brain to remember "off."

No comments:

Post a Comment