Monday, April 19, 2010

blog newbie beats teacher

So I held a "remedial" blog class for my Grade 6s who didn't get their blogs started on Friday.  I had about 8 kids come for help at recess.  I also had 4 kids come to show me what they'd worked on over the weekend.  Now I'm bitter...
I've been blogging for about a year and a half.  I have 9 followers (one follows privately); this kid, who's been blogging for 3 days -- 10 followers!  "Impossible," I say.  "No Mrs. B," he says, "I'm just really connected.  I bet I can have 50 by the end of the week."  I did not take him up on the bet. 
So just when I'm feeling pretty confident about my new found "techie" title, I am reminded how old and out of it I am.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to know his trick too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling! Jacob is taking an introductory business computers class and did excellent on his spreadsheet assignment...........he is going to have to show his mother, because I have been fumbling my through them (and unsuccessfully, I might add) for quite some time (and we're not talking weeks or months!).

    ReplyDelete