Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gratitude

I started a Gratitude journal on Jan. 1, 2010.  Every night (almost) I wrote 3-5 things that I was grateful for that day. 
I reviewed my journal today, and I am a little surprised at some of the things I wrote.  I didn't put any explanations, so I cannot remember the context of most of the entries.
I have the usual list of people I am grateful for in my life.  DH, the kids, my parents, siblings, friends who called, or emailed or said just the right thing at the right time. 
The entries that struck me today are things like -- new pen, clean Jeep, DH made supper (DH made supper???? glad I recorded that for all of history....) rose, butterfly, ____'s joke, a gentleman held the door and smiled at me.
I guess when I break down each day at the end of it, it really is the little things that would otherwise go unnoticed that made an impression.

I have a new journal sitting on my beside table.  I'll start my 2011 journal tonight.  I'll start with this list:
-rubber boots
-label maker
-Girl and Boy helped clear the supper table
-gluten-free oreo cookies
-a new year



"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach


 
 
 
Happy 2011, folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment