Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Soooo cool

So you know my posts have been spotty lately.  It's 'cause I'm up to my eyeballs in School Law and Leadership courses.

But I have discovered something really cool.  Something I wish I had had in public school.  It would have made life a lot easier.

For my Law course I have a lot of projects that need to be done with a partner. The difficulty is every person in the course also has a full time job in a school that is, of course, not close to mine and they have a life beyond the job and the course.  So how do you collaborate when you can't really meet after school and have milk and cookies?
I started my first paper emailing the work back and forth.  Boy told me this was "the old fashioned" way to do things (boy, he simply does not know "old fashioned!")  Instead he has me on Google Docs.  You find it through Google, of course.  So if I type a document I can add someone else on the document to share.  That way we can both edit or add to the paper whenever we want.  There is also the opportunity to do a chat, if we happen to be on at the same time.  I have written 2 case papers on Google Docs and have not met with my partners once.  Sooo cool.
So amazing.
This internet thing -- it's here to stay, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment