Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Python!

So yesterday I heard a news report on the radio on the way to work.  It stuck with me all day, haunted me last night and still has caused me pause today.

Apparently on the weekend a family was doing renovations in their house in Toronto.  When the father took up the toilet and floorboards in the old bathroom he found a python.  Yep, I said "python" as in big, big snake.  The snake was removed.  (I hope that is code for chopped up into tiny pieces and disposed of far, far away from the house.)  But that's not the end of the story. 

The next day the mother was doing laundry and she opened her washing machine and found ANOTHER python. 

So here's where my plan differs significantly from this family's.  I believe their plan was to remove this snake as well, and then contact some exterminators.

My plan.

Leave. 

Leave the house.  Take my children (I really hope I'd be that clear headed to take them with me.  I'd like to believe I'd think of their welfare....) and move away.  I wouldn't pack.  I wouldn't call an exterminator.  I wouldn't think to turn on the washing machine, or even close the lid.  I would just leave.  The snake and all his brothers and sisters infesting my walls could just have my house. 

And I certainly wouldn't be calling the media.
Hear me.  I'm not kidding.  I've thought about this for 37 1/2 hours.  I would just leave.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, I agree with you, KB.
    That would freak me out completely.
    And I hope I would remember to take the kids.
    The "S" word is taboo in our house!

    ReplyDelete