Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hellooooo

Hi
Been on hiatus for a couple of weeks.  The Christmas break has really felt like a break.  Here's a list of what I've been up to.  Some I might explain, some I will leave you to guess.

  • house-cleaned the kitchen cupboards
  • tackled the pile of papers on my desk
  • kicked a** at Just Dance 3 (California Girls)
  • watched hockey
  • cringed at hockey
  • got some jewellry
  • cooked -- alot
  • ate too much fudge
  • did laundry
  • then did some more laundry
  • ate too much fudge again -- why, why am I so weak?
  • today I will do more laundry
  • towed Boy and his lawnmower back to the shop (yes, there is 6 inches of snow and no, there is no grass showing)
  • got some sad news
  • am hopeful that the sad news will be okay in the end
  • prayed alot
  • cleaned out my inboxes (the virtual and the real)

So what's up now?
Now I am on a cleanse.  Dr. C, my naturopath, recognized my holiday funk (one really can only eat so much fudge before it shows up places it shouldn't -- like my kidneys).  So now I get to go three weeks without the following:  wheat (already doing that so no biggie), alcohol (again no biggie), caffeine (also, doin' that already),  dairy (yikes!), red meat (ai yai ai), and heaven forbid -- sugar.  
I do have to eat lots of beets (more on that in a moment), parsley and nettle tea.  I think nettles are prickly things but they taste okay in tea.  I also have to drink 1 L of water with some special drops in it over the course of a day; 1 L of herbal tea and 2 cups of nettle tea.  I'm floatin', floatin' away...
I am 3 days in and so far, so good.  The fudge is all gone, so I'm no longer tempted.  I'll let you know how I fair.  
I have discovered that I like beets.  Like them alot.  I thought I hated them.  Can't figure out why I've avoided them all my life.  It's like a new culinary door has opened.  I will put my newest beet recipe up on the recipe section.  

In the meantime, Oprah, my lifeclass teacher, posted this.  It is one "resolution" per week for the year.  They are easy.  Think I might do them out of order and jump right to doing something about the bat wings!

Happy 2012 friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment