Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mom, there's no cookies in the cookie jar

No cookies?  No cookies, you say?
I wonder why on earth there aren't any homemade cookies in the jar.?
I wasn't doing anything between 11:30pm and 6am all week.

What I was doing (Sunday to Saturday)
-I attended: 4 meetings for school issues
                 -3 hockey games
                 -1 hockey practice
                 -1 figure skating practice
                 -1 riding lesson
-I made: 8 boxed lunches
              -6 dinners (got to go out for supper last night, yeah!)
              -about 8 phone calls
              -about 500 emails (exaggerating, but one does lose track)
-Completed:
              -about 500 loads of laundry (again exaggerating, but they all blurr together -- see emails, above)
              -reading 3 professional articles (boring, boring, boring)
              -tidying, housecleaning the playroom (yet, I can't really say "completed" because it doesn't look like I've ever entered the room today)
              -cleaning 2 bathrooms, one kitchen and cleaned out the frig
              -stripped and remade 3 beds
-Also checked 10 sets of report cards  
          -took one cat to the vet

Nope there's no home made cookies in the cookie jar.
 
I'll get to that this afternoon between report card sets and laundry.

How is it that an empty cookie jar brings on such guilt? 
It's a sign of inadequacy. 
After all, I haven't been doing anything of importance between 11:30pm and 6am....    

1 comment:

  1. Well, what can I say..........
    Boy should learn to bake, girl could help.
    Of course, the ensuing disaster left behind could make it a "wash" in the help department.

    ReplyDelete