Thursday, August 18, 2011

He rides!



I am  heading off to go riding shortly.
Last week while I rode, Girl convinced Boy to ride Prince.  I think Boy has sat on a horse maybe three times in his life.  Horse don't have motors, so he isn't all that interested.
Coach was surprised that he was willing to ride, but he told her "I can't really tease Girl about horses unless I've tried myself."
Girl bridled up Strawberry Shortcake for herself, and Prince for Boy.  Prince is 37 years old.  Can you believe it?  He still competes at shows and is a school horse.  He is very well trained, and quite a gentleman so I felt okay about Boy being bareback on him.  They rode around the trail ring for awile.  Boy discovered that it wasn't as easy as he thought, and he hasn't bothered Girl about horses since.  I made my Darryl stop to watch as I didn't figure I might ever see my two on horses/ponies together again.



This is the other view I got while on Darryl's back.  He's listening to me, I know he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment