Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Holiday

My absolute favourite place in the world is my backyard.  When I need a vacation, I go to the back yard, usually to the gazebo to read.  This weekend it was so hot that I decided to move my vacation spot slightly to the south-west to read my book and dream away the day.

I camped here:


















I read this book:

This series is a MUST read.  It's the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.  The first one is called One for the Money.  I'm up to Smokin' Seventeen.  These books make me laugh, sometimes snort, outloud.  Also, I have a massive crush on Ranger, a character you meet around book #4.  Stephanie Plum is an inept, but lovable bounty hunter who gets into the most ridiculous, but somehow believable situations.  When I get an Evanovich book, I don't put it down until it's done.  I finished this one Sunday afternoon.

I refreshed myself with this:




Brisk lemonade.  Yummy.












I was occasionally distracted by the likes of this:



This is DH after a cannonball.  Sometimes I got lucky and the splash reached me.










This was a perfect holiday weekend. 


PS.  The Great-Granny-Real-Food Thing update
Tuesday's attempts:
Breakfast -- banana, oj, raw almonds
Snack -- piece of cheese, dried apricots
Lunch -- cheese on a bun, broiled (I dipped in ketchup though, so I slipped there), carrot sticks, water
Snack -- Yesterday I was famished in the afternoon.  Well, not really famished but I really, really wanted my usual granola bar.  Instead I had about 3 handfuls of cashews.  I think a single serving is about 12.  Oops.
Supper -- chicken and veggie stirfry with basmati rice.  I only used olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and ginger on it.  Girl declared it the best rice dish ever!  So I know MY great granny likely wouldn't have had rice and a stir fry in Northern Ireland, but somebody's great granny likely did.
Bed time snack -- popcorn (with butter).

No comments:

Post a Comment