Friday, August 10, 2012

I'm ba-a-ck (say it like Ricky Ricardo...)

I haven't blogged for ages.  I'd like to say I purposely took a blogging hiatus, but the truth is that I've had blog-block.  I think that is a real thing -- it surely is a serious diagnosis.  Ask Freud.

The picture has nothing to do with anything except that looking back through my photo log I found it and it made me want pancakes.

I can't have pancakes because I promised myself that for two weeks I would strictly follow Canada's food guide.  If you have ever tried to do that you would see that there is no room for big stacks of pancakes with Maple Syrup.  Not even if the maple syrup was home made by your own children, from your own maple trees, and finished in your kitchen so that  your ceiling is still possibly sticky.  The maple syrup story can wait for another day, though.  The issue with the food guide is fitting all of that food into one day -- 8-10 servings of fruit and vegetables?  8 servings of grains?  I can't eat that much -- and it doesn't leave any room for the stuff I have been filling up on -- cookies, ice cream cones, popsicles, chips.  Bad stuff.  I'm trying to clean up my habits before fall -- hopefully that will help the waist-line too.  I'll let you know how I make out.

I think my blog-block is over.  Maybe because it finally rained -- the oober-dry recesses of my brain are swelling up and feeling refreshed... I've got lots and lots and lots to share.   Hope you'll drop back to visit and see what we've been up to at Shady Lane.

The teasers:
-LOTS of organizing and cleaning has been happening here
-getting ready for a yard sale...
-the kids decided to plant a garden -- let's talk about potatoes and tomatoes!
-new recipes -- let's talk about a spinach smoothie!

So glad to be back, energized and inspired.
K



No comments:

Post a Comment