Monday, August 20, 2012

We spent an extended weekend in Toronto this weekend.  Since we rarely "do" vacations this was a real treat.

I spent a lot of time looking up.

This is the view from our hotel room (looking up, way up).  That just brought back a flash of my childhood -- remember The Friendly Giant "Look up, way up?"
I digress...












This is the base of the CN tower and you can see part of the Skyway walk at the base of the picture.  I noticed construction all over the downtown.  One wonders how any more buildings can fit in the space.




The view looking towards lake Ontario (more of the Skywalk in the picture).



















We went to Casa Loma on Saturday.  I'd  never been before.  It is a magnificent building.  This is photo is taken from the front, looking up by the main door.  I think I was destined to live in this castle.  Honestly -- I would have been happy to live in the stables...





This is the roof of the conservatory.  (I haven't figured out how to edit photos on my Blackberry, so you'll have to imagine the vibrant colours of the stained glass.)


If you ask Girl how she liked the trip she will first tell you how much walking we did -- at Wonderland, around the downtown (which included Chinatown, a new experience for both kids -- unsettling for Boy who kept thinking we were going to get mugged.), to the theatres, Union Station  and around Casa Loma.
Girl will also tell you that she loved everything we did -- just not the big city itself.  I get it.  The metropolis of Small Town is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment