Monday, August 10, 2009

menu planning monday


My usual menu plan as organized by orgjunkie.com/ -- posted a bit late as the storm yesterday messed up our hydro and my internet connection.
Monday -- Chicken Suisse (we didn't have it last week so I've put it on tonight's menu)
Tuesday -- Crockpot stew (no oven, busy day)
Wednesday -- Sour sausage (see recipe below), baked potatoes, cucumber salad
Thursday -- Bacon and Cheeseburger Spaghetti (this is a new one, I'll let you know if it's worth passing along), garlic bread, spinach salad
Friday -- ham steaks, bbq scalloped potatoes, corn on the cob (I hope!)
Saturday -- someone is taking me out for pizza?
Sunday -- leftovers or campfire pie irons, spiders and s'mores!

Sour Sausage (my mother-in-law's recipe for a sweet and sour sausage gravy)
your favourite sausage (we like farmer's or honey garlic)
1 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 small onion, finely chopped
cornstarch or flour

Fry sausage until brown. Remove sausages and keep warm. Drain off grease and add water. Add vinegar, brown sugar and onion. Let this boil slowly for 10-15 minutes, scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan. Thicken gravy with cornstarch or flour.

1 comment:

  1. KB, a friend gave me this recipe for Sausage in the Oven, as I can't stand the smell of sausage frying. It is great favourite at our house. I can pop it in the oven on our way to hockey practise and it's ready to eat when we get home.
    1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix or 3 oninon dip mix (optional)
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    1 cup ketchup
    3/4 cup water
    Mix all together in small roast pan or casserole. Add sausage. Cook @ 325F for 1.5 hours.
    Great with scalloped potatoes or fluffy mashed. At our house, they put the sauce on their potatoes.

    ReplyDelete